Core Skills Training
About Core Skills
Core Skills Training consists of four two-day workshops. These workshops provide an in-depth study of each of the EFT steps. Each day will contain instruction and group supervision of EFT work according to the guidelines set out by the Centre for Excellence in EFT (in Ottawa). Each weekend provides twelve hours of training. When you sign up for the course you are committing your intention to complete all four weekends.
There will be opportunity for participants to get feedback on videos of their own work with clients. Bringing your own video to view is necessary to meet the Advanced Externship requirement of certification.
Attendance meets the ICEEFT course requirement (CEUs provided by Alliant International University)* when applying for Certified EFT Therapist designation.
The only outstanding requirement for Certification after attending Core Skills Training is eight hours of individual supervision. The application process is described on www.eft.ca. Final decision regarding readiness for certification is determined by the EFT Centre in Ottawa.
Lisa Palmer-Olsen, Psy.D., is a licensed marriage and family therapist in San Diego,
California. She is a Certified EFT Trainer and Supervisor and is a Founder and Director of the EFT Training and Research Institute at Alliant International University.
Lisa is a frequent presenter at conferences and training events, helping licensed professionals and students learn the skills of effective therapy.
She is an AAMFT clinical member and approved AAMFT supervisor.
Kathryn de Bruin, Psy.D., is a Marriage and Family Therapist, Certified EFT Trainer and Supervisor.
She has a full time private practice in San Diego, CA where she works with children and families. Kathryn teaches at the University of California San Diego and at Bethel University.
With a heart for her homeland South Africa, Kathryn startedwww.eftsouthafrica.com She travels back frequently to provide trainings.
As a AAMFT supervisor, Kathryn enjoys providing supervision in person and online. Supervisees have described her as warm, perceptive and skilled. With her strong work ethic, it is important to Kathryn to be accessible and responsive to those who work with her.
For more information on Kathryn, visit her online at www.kathryndebruin.com
Participants are required to have completed an EFT Externship and be willing to present their own work through videotape presentation*.
- Each participant must have read Sue Johnson’s 2004 edition of Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy.
- Each participant must have completed an OCFI approved externship in EFT.
- Each participant must be using EFT with at least two couples regularly.
- Each participant must acquire a signed release from couple(s) to video tape record sessions.
- Each participant must acquire a signed release from couple(s) to be a part of this consultation group prior to presenting any materials.
- Each participant will complete the Case Presentation Form and supply copies (emailed prior to session or hard copies) to each group member prior to presenting.
*More information about the Case Presentation Video Requirement
You will do one case presentation displaying your work with a couple for consultation and feedback about working in the EFT model. The date of your presentation will be assigned. The overall presentation is approximately 30 minutes, 10 minutes of case overview and up to 20 minutes of video review.
- Approximately 20 continuous minutes
- Case presentation form completed (see Forms drop down menu)
- 20 copies of case presentation to handout to course participants if not emailed to participants 5 days before presenting
- Bring digital media on DVD or USB storage device
$450 per weekend workshop for Modules 1-4. (Discount if full payment is made up front.)
Lodging and food not included. A minimum of ten participants is required for the training to proceed.
Payment can be made online or by mail. Payment for each weekend is due 3 weeks before the Friday meeting.
Email: Cathy and Iris at firstname.lastname@example.org
Irvine CS 2020
Module One: Steps 1-2 Stage 1 EFT – online only!
- May 7th, 2020 (Thursday) 10-5:00 pm: Stage one EFT
- June 4th, 2020 (Thursday) 10-5:00 pm: Stage one EFT
Module Two: Steps 3-4 Stage 1 EFT
- July 30th, 2020 (Thursday) 10-5:00 pm: Stage one EFT
- August 20th, 2020 (Thursday) 10-5:00 pm: Stage one EFT
Module Three: Stage 2 EFT Steps 5-7 Withdrawer ReEngagement and Pursuer Softening
- September 10th, 2020 (Thursday) 10-5:00 pm – one hour lunch
- September 11th, 2020 (Friday) 10-5:00 pm – one hour lunch
- October 8th, 2020 (Thursday) 10-5:00 pm – one hour lunch
- November 5th, 2020 (Thursday) 10-5:00 pm – one hour lunch
Currently – Online
Alliant International University – Irvine Campus
2855 Michelle Dr #300
Irvine, CA 92606
This course is limited to a maximum of 16 attendees. Attendance based on first-come basis. Registration and payment must be complete to be enrolled. TRIEFT reserves the right to cancel the training due to low enrollment.
updated information coming.
Completing the registration and first payment commits the applicant to attend all four sessions of the training and reserves space for the whole course.
Payment via PayPal
Full Series, pay upfront – $1,700 ($100 discount)
Full Series in 4 monthly payments – $1,800 ($450 each payment)
If you prefer to pay via check or credit card outside of PayPal, please contact Iris and Cathy at email@example.com
**Alliant International University is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Alliant International University maintains responsibility for the program and its content.