Las Vegas 2020/21
Core Skills Training – Waiting list only!
About Core Skills
Core Skills Advanced Training consists of four two-day workshops. These workshops provide an in depth study of each of the EFT steps. Each day will contain instruction and group supervision of EFT work according to the guidelines set out by the Centre for Excellence in EFT (in Ottawa). Each weekend provides twelve hours of training. When you sign up for the course you are committing your intention to complete all four weekends – online at first, but moving to in-person trainings when regulations allow.
There will be opportunity for participants to get feedback on videos of their own work with clients. Bringing your own video to view is necessary to meet the Advanced Externship requirement of certification.* (see explanation below)
Attendance meets the ICEEFT course requirement (CEUs provided by Alliant International University)* when applying for Certified EFT Therapist designation.
The only outstanding requirement for Certification after attending Core Skills Training is eight hours of individual supervision. The application process is described on www.eft.ca. Final decision regarding readiness for certification is determined by the EFT Centre in Ottawa.
Dr. Scott R. Woolley
Module One: (Online) November 20-21, 2020, Steps 1-2 Assessment
Module Two: Jan 29-30, 2021, Steps 3-4 De-Escalation
Module Three: February 26-27, 2021, Withdrawer Re-Engagement
Module Four: April 23-24, 2021, Steps 5-7 Pursuer Softening
Friday 12:30 pm – 6:00 pm
Saturday 9:00 am – 3:30 pm (working lunch)
Module 1 will be held online. Location for Modules 2 through 4 will be planned and announced as ICEEFT and local regulations allow. Before submitting registration and payment, please be prepared to commit to attendance regardless of it being online or in-person.
48 hours of continuing education units are available by completing all modules of this course. If you need CEUs, there is a separate $30 fee for one certificate.
Participants are required to have completed an EFT Externship and be willing to present their own work through videotape presentation.*
- Each participant must have read Sue Johnson’s 2004 edition of Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy.
- Each participant must have completed an OCFI approved externship in EFT.
- Each participant must acquire a signed release from couple(s) to video tape record sessions.
- Each participant must acquire a signed release from couple(s) to be a part of this consultation group prior to presenting any materials.
- Each participant will complete the Case Presentation Form and supply copies (emailed prior to session or hard copies) to each group member prior to presenting.
- Ideal, but not required, each participant is using EFT with couples regularly. Noting that to complete the course you’ll need to show video for review. Please email if you are specific questions.
*More information about the Case Presentation Video Requirement
You will do one case presentation displaying your work with a couple for consultation and feedback about working in the EFT model. The date of your presentation will be assigned. The overall presentation is approximately 30 minutes, 10 minutes of case overview and up to 20 minutes of video review.
- Approximately 20 continuous minutes
- Case presentation form completed (see Forms drop down menu)
- 20 copies of case presentation to handout to course participants if not emailed to participants 5 days before presenting
- Bring digital media on DVD or USB storage device
$450 per weekend workshop for Modules 1-4.
Pay for all 4 Modules at once for a savings of $100.
Student Price is $400 per weekend workshop for Modules 1-4.
$30 for one CEU certificate upon completing the course.
Lodging and food not included. A minimum of ten participants is required for the training to proceed.
Completing the registration and first payment commits the applicant to attend all four sessions of the training and reserves space for the whole course.
This course is limited to a maximum of 16 attendees. Attendance based on first-come basis. Registration and payment must be complete to be enrolled.
Email: Cathy and Iris at firstname.lastname@example.org
When you click SUBMIT, you will be taken
to a PayPal payment options page.
If you prefer to pay via check or credit card outside of PayPal, please contact Iris and Cathy at email@example.com
**Alliant International University is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Alliant International University maintains responsibility for the program and its content.